Heads of institutes can now nominate candidates for the Research Leader Initiative 2017-2018, a course for future research leaders (further information: https://gubox.box.com/s/l2uzl6u542b9l3qin4a0i6g8gwviidva). The ranked list of nominees is sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 2, 2017.
The Research Leader Initiative will be given for the 3rd time and is now open for nominations from all departments at the University of Gothenburg. The initiative is designed for our future research leaders and covers leadership, group development, grant writing, ethics and utilization. The course will be given on eight separate occasions between August 2017 and May 2018. In a hands-on approach, focus will be on practical elements based on each participant’s situation. They will acquire tools and methods that are directly and individually applicable in their role as research leaders.
- August 25: Introduction & the participant’s individual research aims (with repr. from the University Management)
- September 15: Leadership – communications and group development
- October 6: Leadership – how to coach and develop your group
- November 10: Conditions for research of high quality (with Susanna Radovic, Richard Neutze, Fredrik Bäckhed)
- December 1: Utilization, ethics & research misconduct (with Björn Rydevik)
- January 10-11: Grant Writing (with Martin Bergö), at Hjortviken conference centre
- April 13: Leadership – how to give and receive feedback
- May 18: Presentation of group projects related to leadership