PhD students at Sahlgrenska Academy have the opportunity to apply for a grant to cover travel and accommodation expenses (not a course fee) in order to participate in a course outside the faculty. A travel grant can primarily be applied for a PhD course or a course at advanced level (i.e. second-cycle level) which is considered relevant for the PhD project.
Participation in a course given in Sweden can be supported with the maximum amount of SEK 5 000, for a course taken abroad the maximum amount is SEK 8 000. Courses can be taken in conjunction to other activities that a PhD student participates.
The application must contain the following:
- the course title, the number of higher education credits, the course dates
- the course syllabus
- the course schedule (if the schedule is not available, please indicate the number of working hours at the place of study, i.e. where the course will be held)
- a short motivation why you are interested in taking the course
- a summary of the PhD project (maximum ½ A4 page)
- a copy of the ”Course plan” (part of your individual study plan) where the course is listed
- the budget (=specification of the estimated travel- and accommodation costs).
Applications will be considered by the Committee for PhD Studies (FUK). Incomplete applications are rejected. A PhD student can only be granted one travel grant per year. The Committee’s decision will be announced no later than 6 October 2017.
When the course is completed, an application for credit transfer is to be made according to the faculty’s rules for credit transfer for subject-specific courses.