Below is information related to the Naturvetenskap Life construction project. Information will be sent to affected employees every two weeks, and it will also be published in Akademiliv (Academy Life).
CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION, WEEK 5
- The week starts with a safety inspection with the focus on fall protection. We must be vigilant in ensuring the safety of our staff’s work environment by using both convenient and dependable methods for fall protection.
- Cleaning and securing material at the garden allotments will continue this week. The extent of this work has been somewhat greater than we had estimated, resulting in the closed road continuing a few more days into this week. We appreciate that people have been so good at respecting these closures. Thank you.
- This week we will also start drilling and reinforcement up on the hill. This is important so that the wall on the hill facing Naturvetenskap Life will be as straight and attractive as possible. The fence around the work site will now be complete, and only one entrance below EBM will be used for access to the construction.
- The work installing a new high voltage cable to replace the current cable in the hillside is in its final phase. The new cable is already connected, and we only need to remove the old cable now. Using our front loader, the electricians will slowly and safely pull out the 150-meter cable from the hillside.
CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION, WEEK 6
- Clearing of ground using blowers will begin in earnest on the hillside. Drilling will also get started with our new friend Felicia. Felicia is the name of the drill carriage being used. It was recently delivered and is one of the most modern of its kind in the country. An advanced feature of this model is that it has extensive noise suppression. A larger vacuum is also connected to the carriage to ensure that those of us on the construction site and all the activities around the site avoid having dust from the drilling blowing around.
CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION, WEEK 7
- This week will have the first planned blasting. We will be blasting at 12:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To ensure that no one is in the safety zone, several blast guards will be stationed around the site. They will have direct contact with the blasting command center. Before blasts short signals will be sounded and after blasts you will hear a long signal indicating the all clear.